This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the delivery of operations at Venues Wellington’s incredible venues. As a key member of our Operations team that is making a difference for our venues, we’re looking for a strong people leader with a solid technical background.
You will be leading the venue builds for our Exhibition, Conference and Performance events, managing and driving a diverse and large team, driving continuous improvement and working towards streamlining efficiencies.
You will work closely with the Operations Manager to identify new initiatives, strategies and objectives ensuring these are rolled out, along with enhancing processes to improve team productivity. Your deep understanding of people and best practice processes, and solid operations and technical experience will be essential to success in this role.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide on the floor leadership, guidance and support to the Operations Team including monitoring performance and rosters to maximise efficiencies and team productivity
- Manage the Health and Safety process of our Venue Operations
- Identify areas for improvement and implementation, utilising your past technical and operational experience
- Look for medium to long-term projects that will contribute to the ongoing success of our venues
- Identify learning & development opportunities and implementing training systems to improve our team's development
- Assist with the development, planning and tracking of equipment movement and maintenance
- Manage operational budget, review and support standard operating procedures and processes
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- 4+ years' experience in a leadership role in venue or event operations
- Sound knowledge of technical skills including staging, AV, crewing and theatre technical
- Ability to think on your feet and outside of the box
- Competency in Microsoft Office Suite. A working knowledge of CAD, Visio and EBMS (event business management software) or similar is an advantage
- Confidence reading and interpreting event or production CAD’s
- Comprehensive understanding of current NZ OH&S legislation
- Strong understanding of logistics/scheduling
- Ability to lead teams under time constraints and able to be flexible in changing delivery scenarios
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver to an exceptionally high standard
Do you want to be part of a diverse organisation making a difference to Wellington? We would love to hear from you.
WREDA is the agency tasked with making the Wellington region wildly famous. Our organisation is shamelessly passionate about this wild and wonderful region we call home, and want to make it the most prosperous, liveable and vibrant place in Australasia.
Venues Wellington, a business unit of WREDA is responsible for securing, managing and delivering extraordinary events in the Michael Fowler Centre, St James Theatre, The Opera House, TSB Arena, TSB Auditorium (Shed 6) and Academy Galleries.
Please note only applicants with the right to live and work in NZ will be considered.