Looking for an opportunity to be part of a collaborative team that ensures the successful delivery of events in our Wellington venues?
We’re looking for someone to join our Event Planning team and who can plan, coordinate and support the delivery of our performances, exhibitions, conventions and events across Wellington’s venues. You will be responsible for providing event planning and coordination services to ensure the successful delivery of events in Wellington Venues.
You’ll need to have previous event planning and coordination experience and be confident managing and growing relationships with clients, staff, suppliers and other stakeholders to successfully implement Venues Wellington event portfolio. You will be willing to offer ideas and new initiatives that may improve business processes and customer delivery.
Our ideal person will be prepared to roll their sleeves up and go above and beyond to meet the needs of customers and deliver exceptional event experiences.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing a strong working knowledge of all Venues Wellington venues to ensure best advice and options can be presented to clients.
- Designing and maintaining event plans.
- Working collaboratively across teams to develop solutions that deliver enhanced value to our customers and drive business profitability.
- Developing and maintaining excellent client relationships and providing advice and guidance to clients to ensure that their events are a great success
- Working across internal teams to ensure that event delivery meets client’s expectations and events are successfully delivered.
The ideal person will bring to the role and team:
- Experience in an event planning or coordination role
- Previous experience working within the events, music, arts, conferences or sport sectors.
- Excellent communication skills and be able to communicate information clearly to a wide range of stakeholders including both verbal and written abilities
- Relationship management skills with a strong customer focus, proactively meeting customer /clients' needs
- Be highly organised to ensure all aspects of work is completed to a high standard
- Be solutions focused and a keen problem solver with the ability to think outside the box
Do you want to be part of a diverse organisation making a difference to Wellington? We would love to hear from you.
Venues Wellington is a business unit of WellingtonNZ and responsible for securing, managing and delivering extraordinary events in the Michael Fowler Centre, St James Theatre, The Opera House, TSB Bank Arena, TSB Bank Auditorium (Shed 6) and Academy Galleries.
Please apply with your cover letter and CV via Seek as soon as possible. Applications close at 5pm, Wednesday 22nd May 2019 and we’ll be in touch soon after the closing date with an update on your application.
Please note only applicants with the right to live and work in NZ will be considered.